Articles pertaining to Christian voters, political tribalism, and incongruities between faith and politics.
Seeking Evangelicals’ Support Again, Trump Confronts a Changed Religious Landscape.
by , New York Times, March 9, 2023
- ‘How Did We Get Here?’ A Call For An Evangelical Reckoning On Trump.
by Rachel Martin, NPR Morning Edition. January 13, 2020.
- Prominent evangelicals are directing Trump’s sinking ship. That feeds doubts about religion.
by The Washington Post. Dec. 7, 2020.
- The White Elephants In The Room
by Gene Demby & Shereen Marisol Meraji. The Code Switch,
Episode 1: Can We Talk About Whiteness?; NPR.org. Nov. 18, 2020.
- Most Conservative Christians Support Trump. Will They Help Him Win Again? White evangelicals have time and again offered uncompromising support for President Trump when he needed it the most.
by Elizabeth Dias. New York Times. Oct. 30, 2020. Updated Nov. 3, 2020.
Why evangelicals should care about Trump’s lies (and other sins)
by John Avlon. CNN. Oct. 24, 2020.
- Our president and my church: An evangelical Christian on the president’s damage to his faith community
by John Fea. New York Daily News. Oct. 12, 2020.
Trump’s overtures struggle to register with religious voters.
New signs point to Trump losing a sizable chunk of his Christian voters, upending his path to reelection.
by Gabby Orr. Politico. Sept. 10, 2020
- Jesus isn’t on the ballot. That doesn’t mean Christians can opt out.
by Shane Claiborne. Religion News. Sept. 8, 2020.
Essentials for Dealing with Christian Trump Supporters
by Chris Kratzer. http://chriskratzer.com. September 4, 2020.
I’m Billy Graham’s granddaughter. Evangelical support of Donald Trump spits on his legacy.
By supporting Donald Trump, evangelical leaders are failing us and failing the gospel. Christian women must step up where our church leaders won’t.
by Jerushah Duford. USA Today. August 25, 2020.
- Minister: Trump and his supporters don’t speak for Jesus
by Samuel L. Adams. CNN. August 20, 2020
- Things Christians Think and Do Not Say: Why Evangelicalism Needs to Change or Die
by Jayson D. Bradley. August 10, 2020
- Episcopal bishop on President Trump: ‘Everything he has said and done is to inflame violence’
by Michelle Boorstein and Sarah Pulliam Bailey. Washington Post. June 1, 2020.
- The Heresy of Christian Nationalism
It’s impossible to be devoted to the Jesus of the Scriptures, while refusing refugees, expelling immigrants, demonizing Muslims, vilifying people of color, worshiping political power, and neglecting the poor. by John Pavlovitz. https://johnpavlovitz.com. Feb. 13, 2020
- White Evangelicals Discuss Intersection of Faith And Political Leadership
NPR’s All Things Considered. Sarah McCammon talks with Johnnie Moore, an evangelical advisor to President Trump, Liberty University professor Karen Swallow Prior, and evangelical activist Shane Claiborne. April 1, 2018
“Jesus and John Wayne: How White Evangelicals Corrupted a Faith and Fractured a Nation”
by Kristin Kobes Du Mez
- “Believe Me: The Evangelical Road to Donald Trump”
by John Fea. Eerdmans; 1st Edition. June 28, 2018.
- Faith, Philosophy and Politics: Christianity, ethics and social systems